Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Book Review: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

I just finished reading Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford and I really liked it.  While it took me a while to get into the book, I loved the sweet love story between Henry, a young Chinese boy and Keiko, a young Japanese girl.  It took place during WWII.  Keiko and her family we taken to a Japanese Internment Camp while Henry was left at home with his parents (who were against the Japanese).  I found this especially interesting as History was my minor in college.  I actually wrote one of my papers on Japanese Internment Camps in America.  Overall, I thought it was well written.  I loved the love story and thought it accurately described what happened during that period of time in American History.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to comment on your book review until I read your profile and then read the story about your babies. I am a mommy to two little boys so reading this story just made me weep for what you went through. I can only imagine what something like that feels like. You are such a strong lady. Your little ones are beautiful.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen