Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Crayon Stars

I don't know about you all, but my kids are always breaking crayons.  I had been throwing them away...that is...until I found this idea on Pinterest. 
I saved the kids' broken crazyons for about a month, peeled off the paper, and broke them into smaller pieces.  I then baked them in the oven on 275 for approximately 15 minutes.  This was so easy....even I couldn't screw it up (ok, I did break 2 stars getting them out, but who's counting).

After, they look like this (minus the fact that they are dripping--I could only find one oven mitt so it tilted a little).

They take about an hour to harden, but after...you get this

Notice, there is only 5 instead of the 7 I started with.  Oops.  The kids loved them though, especially Paxton.  They fit just perfect in his chubby little hands.


So....this is a quick and easy DIY craft idea that your kids will love :). 

3 comments:

  1. I also saw this on pinterest. Such a cute idea, but I haven't gotten around to making them yet... just like the other 2,000 awesome ideas I've pinned... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this we did it for all of the cousins for xmas and got them coloring books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out so cute! I've been meaning to try them! I found you via the GFC blog hop and am happy to be your newest follower! I'd love for you to follow me back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com. :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen