Friday, December 14, 2012

For those FL Residents....the North Pole Express

For years, I've heard my Dad and sisters talk about the North Pole Express in Parrish, FL.  Since we were going down in December, I decided to buy us tickets.  I have some mixed reviews on this excursion.  It probably would have been a little better if I didn't get motion sickness.


First, you ride a train for 30 minutes to "Santa Land".   Once you get to "Santa Land", there are a lot of things for the kids to do.  They have crafts, toy trains, train display, food, s'mores, and more.

 
The first thing we did was get in line to meet Santa.  The kids posed in front of the tree. 

 
Then we met Santa.  It was cool as they only let 1 family in the room at a time and we could take as many pictures as we wanted. 

 
We also made Reindeer food

 
and snowflakes

 
and then we made s'mores. 
 
Overall it was good.  The problem I had with it was that we were forced to stay there until the last family saw Santa.  With that said, we were there for like 3 hours.  After 1 1/2 hours, we were bored.  For an event organized by the train museum, the train display was a little disappointing.  I've seen better displays at our local nursery. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen