She had a small house and I have no idea how we all managed to gather in just a couple of rooms, but we did. It was one of the few days throughout the year that I would see almost every one of my cousins (and she had 10 kids so believe me when I say I have a huge family). My Grandmother would also make a huge pot of soup and biscuits from scratch which we would enjoy. And fudge and chocolate cake. There are no words to describe how absolutely delicious they were. She was the best cook I have ever known.
Christmas Eve has been a lot different for the past 10 years. This year, will be the first year that most of my family will be together again and I am so excited. Several of my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins will be gathered at my Aunt Helen's house for dinner. There will be over 35 of us last time I counted. Being 2 hours away, I rarely get to see them and even more rarely get to eat with them (and my aunt is a great cook too).
My wish for you all is that you get to spend your Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with the ones that you love the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to hear from you,
Karen