Thursday, December 6, 2012

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness


It is so important to me to teach my kids that Christmas is more about giving then receiving.  It's great to get excited about Santa, but wouldn't it be even better to get excited about helping others?  I saw an idea on Pinterest called Random Acts of Christmas Kindness and I knew I had to do it!   I love the idea of doing something small that could potentially make someones day just a little better.  Since we are going on vacation in early December, we plan to start tomorrow, December7th and continue through Christmas Eve.  You can download RACKED CARDS on this site.  I got my inspiration from her!  She has a ton of great ideas!

I had to choose activities that I could do together with my kids so this is the list I came up with.  I can't wait to post pictures! 

November 26th.  Donated food- collected by Mia and Paxton's nursery school.  The kid's signed up for what they wanted to bring in (with a little help of course).


November 27th.  Donate toys to the Theodore Roosevelt Ship, which is sponsored by my work.
November 28th- Donate toys from each kid to the hospital where Pax had feeding therapy.



December 7-  Tape quarters to vending machines
December 8-   Plug parking meters for shoppers
December 9-  Tape Candy Canes to the cars at church
December 10-  Bake cookies and take them to the daycare teachers at school
December 11-  Get the kids to help me purge my closet and donate to local homeless shelter
December 12-  Put together shoe box gifts for church to send to kids in need
December 13-  Pay for someone's meal behind us in the drive thru
December 14-  Leave candy cane and note in shopping carts for the next person
December 15-  Buy a toy for a child in need and donate it to toys for tots
December 16-  Bring donuts for the nursery room and music staff at church
December 17-  Donate hats and gloves to local shelter
December 18-  Take policemen a note of Thanks and cupcakes or cookies
December 19-  Donate books from the kid's personal stash to the school library
December 20-  Drop off donuts and thank you note to firehouse
December 21-  Buy hot chocolate for Salvation Army bell ringers
December 22-  Drop off donuts and thank you note to firehouse
December 23-  Donate craft supplies to kid's school
December 24-  Bring a plate of cookies to our pastor to say Thank you for being so involved with the kids at church.

I hope this inspires you to do the same!  I will do a review of our RACK attempts after Christmas :). 

2 comments:

  1. This is very inspiring. I love these ideas!Bless you for your kind spirit.

    www.littlegems3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I am adding your idea of buying hot chocolate for the salvation army bell ringers!

    If you have time and want to check out our RAK list, here's the link! We were inspired by the same person :) I ramble a bit in the beginning, the list is towards the end haha!
    http://allmylovemommy.blogspot.ca/2012/12/dont-be-grinch.html

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen