Thursday, January 24, 2013

Choosing curtains... need ideas

Sumba Area Rug


So, this is the rug I bought for our living room.  For some reason, I just have no idea what kind or color curtains to get.  The room has hardwoods with a fireplace.  My style is classic/traditional.  The room will be painted a greige color.  What color curtains would work best? Design?   Please help!

Thanks,
Indecisive and clueless




6 comments:

  1. I am searching for curtains too! gosh, I don't know I was thinking maybe a chocolate but then I dont know if that would go with greige? That mustard color is beautiful!! If I see anything while I am searching for curtains for my living room, I'll send you a link! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I just painted our new family room a griege and it has hardwoods... our new couches are a dark gray/brown and it came with accent pillows that shade of mustard, wish I had found that rug before I bought mine!

    I like the idea for using the mustard color as the accent because it would really pop. Plus, while I was looking for light yellow curtains for our baby room, I found a ton of mustard curtains. If mustard scares you, maybe go with a dark tan? (That's the color in our rug in our greige room, looks good with it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would vote for a blue to match the blue in the rug. Blue by a window always looks nice to me, like it's just an extension of the sky ;-) I love it! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love it! I think blue or brown or even a mix of the two would be nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think mustard! It would look great with the floors and sounds like your paint color too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The choosing curtains and if you need ideas then the article has described it well. Thanks for sharing the ideas
    Curtains

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen