Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year, New DIY projects to attempt

So, as I may have mentioned 1,874,983,993 times....we are moving.  With that comes decorating.  I have NO vision, creativity, or crafting ability, so I went directly to pinterest for help.  These are a few of the projects I plan to tackle this year (or maybe beg Chris to tackle). 

Easy and simple..Scrapbook stickers in black frame.
I'm not sure where I'd put this, but I just love it!  Looks really easy too!

DIY or buy from pottery barn $399  www.knockoffdecor.com
This is my first priority!  I love the mason jar chandelier for our dining room!  If Chris can't make it, I plan to go straight to Pottery Barn asap.  I'm saving $ just in case :)

Great way to transform some Goodwill lamps: Krylon’s Looking Glass spray paint, which dries into a mirror-like finish. Pottery Barn Hack
I would these for our living room.  I wonder if it will work with my current lamps.  I guess I first need to figure out how to get the stickers off that Mia decided to decorate with.
kid's bathroom
These will be so cute in the kid's bathroom. 

book covers as wall art - reading corner
I've already started framing a few of their favorite books for the playroom - to go above the book shelf.  So far, I've framed "The Giving Tree" and I'm picking up more this weekend to do "Good Night Construction Site" and "The Cat and the Hat". 

great way to display pictures and easy to switch them out.
I have also painted 4 large picture frames which I'll use to display their artwork at school--similarly to the way these pictures are displayed. 

Easy Headboard- 2 doors from Lowes (22.00 each) painted and topped with crown molding.

How cute is this...just use two doors, paint them and add crown molding for a headboard.  So getting Chris to do this!
fun chandeliers

Yes, I am painting one of the chandeliers that we are not using purple (glitter purple as a matter of fact) and hanging it in my closet.  Can.Not.Wait. 
Hot pink shoe wall...this is happening very soon!
My show wall will not be this big for fancy, but it will be pink :)
For when I have kids -- Individualized "Crap baskets". When you find someone's crap lying around the house you put it in their individual baskets and they have to be taken up with them and emptied by the end of the night. So doing this!

I love the idea of each kid having a basket for their crap that they need to take upstairs.  This needs to be implemented asap once we move. 

Teacup chandelier.  LOVE

Lastly...am I the only person who LOVES this?  Seriously???  Anybody else?  I want it for my kitchen...and I will use it to start my vintage teacup collection. 




3 comments:

  1. Wow, so many cute ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ideas. I think I have pinned at least half that stuff! Can't wait to see you move in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great ideas! Some look do-able and some look...hard.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen