Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Love Story


I'm linking up today with Becky today to tell our love story, in honor of Valentine's Day next week. 

Taken Ladies

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?   We starting dating July 1, 2005 and got engaged January 1, 2006 (exactly 6 months later)
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?We met in July 2000 when we were both working at Enterprise Rent a Car.  We worked in different offices and Chris came to my office to trade cars and "meet" me.  We became friends immediately, but didn't officially date for another 5 years. 
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tellWe've been married just over 5 years. 
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?  We got married in Easton, MD.  We invited just over 200 people.  It was hard as we both have large families.  Our wedding was definitely an event to be remembered....as everything was stolen (including our car).  More on that another day.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!  Not really.  I hope that doesn't make us too boring. 
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.  His big heart, his eyes, his smile, his sense of humor...so many things. 
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?  Chris proposed on New Years Eve/Day in 2005/2006.  He did it in his parent's sun room in front of his whole family.  I was not expecting it and was incredibly happy.  I had always known I would marry him. 
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petalsNeither.  We don't celebrate Valentines Day (mutual decision).  We do cards, but that's it.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?  Both.  I love the beach, but I also love to kick back on the couch and watch tv or a good movie. 
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?   I have always wanted to ride a gondola in Venice, Italy. 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.   Working...nothing special really, though we are utilizing the baby sitting services at church this Saturday so we can go to dinner. 
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?  We are not doing gifts. 
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.  Communication...and lots of it. 
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.



2 comments:

  1. I like that he proposed in front of his family, so sweet! And your kids are precious!
    http://my-kindof-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kiddos are so precious! I am glad I found your blog it is so cute! Over from Becky's! I see that you linked up to my bloggy BFF's Firm Fridays. Kristen rocks! I love how ya'll met at Enterprise. What a cute story and cute wedding pics! love your dress!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen