Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Blogging for Compassion-Through the eyes of a child


For the month of September, I decided to be a blogger for Compassion International.  It is a cause I feel strongly about.  I was given 4 assignments this month to write about.  The last one is to write a post through the eyes of a child who needs a sponsor.  This was definitely the most challenging; however, I decided to write the post based on letters I've received from our sponsored child.

Hi, I am a 5 year old girl and I live in Ethiopia.  My life is not easy.  I live with my mother and another sibling.  My father is not around.  I help with chores around the house when I am not in school.  I am a lot like your kids.  I like to play ball.  I love macaroni and cheese.  I enjoy playing with my friends and going to school.  The only difference is, I live in an area that is infested with AIDS.  We do not have money and cannot afford many of the luxuries that you have. 

I was on the list to be sponsored for over 6 months.  My sponsor writes me letters and sends me pictures every month.  It means so much to me to know that someone in America is thinking of me and praying for me.  In my village, I go to the Compassion Center.  With my sponsors help, I am able to learn about God and get medical help.  This is so important when you are in an area where so many people are sick. 

Please consider sponsoring a child.  I have many friends who are still waiting for sponsors.  So many children need help.  To learn more, go to Compassion Internationals website.  You can start by looking into sponsoring a child here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen