Thursday, September 6, 2012

My experience with Compassion International

In June 2011 our family decided to sponsor a child through Compassion International.  I can't put into words what an amazing experience it has been to get to know the sweet little boy that we sponsor in Ethiopia.  His letters, drawings, and pictures inspire us.  When I get a letter from him, I run in the house to share it with our family.  His letters are so sweet and we are so proud of how well he is doing in school.  He loves learning.  His favorite subject is English and he loves macaroni and cheese.  How cute is that?

There are so many children who are waiting for sponsors.  I know money is tight.  Believe me, it is for us as well, but the $38 a month goes a long way for these kids.  You won't even miss it.  I spend that much every week (or more) just for lunch at work!  The money you gives these children the opportunity to receive an education, the opportunity to be healthy, to develop self-confidence and social skills, and to hear the gospel and learn about Jesus.   This is priceless for these children.  If you are able to sponsor a child, please check out compassion's website.  Even if you are not able to sponsor a child at this time, you can still help!  You can go to Compassion's website and pray for a child. 

So check it out today!  I promise you will not regret it. 



1 comment:

  1. You have such a big, open and giving heart! This is awesome. We do this sort of thing at our church. It really is a blessing for these kids.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen