Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Operation Big Boy Bed = Epic Fail

Remember when I talked about how we transitioned Paxton to his big boy bed?  Yeah, well....that went great for all of about 24 hours.  Last night was pretty much the worst.  Paxton was up from 1-3am then again at 4am....screaming.  No, not just screaming, but tantrum throwing, kicking hitting...the whole nine yards.

His complete and total meltdown got me thinking....  If we continue to give in (give him milk, rock him, etc.), we are feeding into this behavior.  I am just not sure what my next step should be.  We put up a gate, to which he decided to scale last night.  So...that is no longer a reliable option.  He's 2 so I'm not sure if that is too young for the Super Nanny approach or if we should try something else.  We are up for suggestions....

Please help,
2 exhausted parents





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen