To set the scene, last week we were at the Farmers Market. It is our typical Friday night. The kids are dancing in the street (roads are closed) while we sit on the sidewalk and listen to the live music. About 10 feet from me is an elderly lady. She is sitting alone and not really paying attention to us or our rowdy kids. Paxton; however, notices her immediately.
For whatever reason, my little man goes over and picks a flower and walks straight to this lady and gives it to her. He then decided to hug her and plopped down right beside her on the sidewalk. I'm not sure why he picked her. She wasn't overly friendly or even acknowledging my kids, but Paxton changed all of that. I was so proud of him.
Even though he has a terrible temper, I know I must be doing something right. My son is incredibly sweet and thoughtful and I am one proud mommy.
The innocence of kids!!! This melted my heart! Keep up the good work, Mom!!! :)
ReplyDeletewhat a thoughtful sweet gesture...bet he made her day!
ReplyDeleteI am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
would make my day if a little boy gave me a flower!!
awww what a sweet story!
ReplyDeletep.s. you are a winner, check at bottom of post! please email me!
http://www.sandyalamode.com/2012/09/25/lisa-frank-goes-to-work/
xo,
sandy