Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This is how you know you are getting old...

I had an appointment not too long ago with a Doctor I had never been to before.  When the Dr walked in, my first thought was, "seriously, your my Dr?  Shouldn't you be in school today?"  No joke, this guy looked like he was 17....maybe 20 on a good day.  Then I thought..."are the Dr's getting younger or am I getting that old?".  I then realized...it's me.  I'm getting old.  I had never realized it before.  I still feel like a 20 something....certainly not someone in her mid 30's. 

After more thinking, I realized, I am getting old.  This is how I know....

- Sleeping in for me is no longer noon, but now 7:30am (on a good day).

- My cute clutches have been replaced by big girl bags (i.e. bags large enough to old snacks, diapers, and several match box cars).

- Weekends are no longer going out, but now for catching up on my DVR.  This is me--see below. 
-  I only get to go out dancing when we go to weddings (which are rarely now that most of my friends are married).  Unlike those college days at the bar/clubs every weekend. 

-My idea of a fun Friday night now includes hanging out at the farmers market and drinking wine and eating caramel popcorn. 

How did you know when you were getting old?


1 comment:

  1. Karen - LOVE it. Yes we are getting older but I actually LOVE catching up on my DVR and the farmers market - hey I need to find me one close!
    Have a happy tuesday!
    Sharee'

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen