Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Book Review: Still Missing

Goings on in Texas
 
I'm excited to link up today for the Literary Junkies party!  I love to read so I can't wait to see what everyone else has been reading. 
 
1) What book are you currently reading? Give us a little synopsis and your review.
 
 

Description:
On the day she was abducted, Annie O’Sullivan, a thirty-two-year-old Realtor, had three goals—sell a house, forget about a recent argument with her mother, and be on time for dinner with her ever-patient boyfriend. The open house is slow, but when her last visitor pulls up in a van as she’s about to leave, Annie thinks it just might be her lucky day after all.

Interwoven with the story of the year Annie spent captive in a remote mountain cabin—which unfolds through sessions with her psychiatrist—is the second narrative recounting the nightmare that follows her escape: her struggle to piece her shattered life back together, the ongoing police investigation into the identity of her captor, and the disturbing sense that things are far from over.

This book was fantastic.  I read it in 2 days and could not put it down.  The story is very well written and the characters are both believable and likable.  I don't want to give anything away, but this book had everything...drama, love, and mystery.  I would highly recommend it! 

2) What are your 3 favorite books of all time?
This is a hard question as I LOVE to read.  I'd have to go with:
Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
Unbroken by Laura Hildenbrand
Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

I really love true inspirational stories that show courage, strength, and hope and these 3 have all of that and more.


3) What is your "approach" upon entering a bookstore? Where do you immediately head after entering through the front door?

Honestly, I go to the children's section to look for stuff for my kid's first.  I'm a sucker :). 



10 comments:

  1. This is great! Thanks so much for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still Missing sounds really good. Thanks for sharing about that one...it's typically not the sort of book I gravitate toward but the synopsis and your review have intrigued me. ;) (Love finding new books!) Thank you so much for linking up with us, Karen! Hope to see you again next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Karen! I'm a new follower from Literary Junkies! Still Missing sounds like a good book! Can't wait to add it to my list. Although I don't have children, I love going to the children's section and revisiting all the books I used to read. Very nostalgic for me! Anyway, so happy to meet you!

    Sarah @loveeesarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still Missing was an AMAZING book but so so sad. I was in a "book hangover" after I got down with it and couldn't think about anything else for awhile! That means it's a great book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm a new follower via the link up! Still Missing sounds great!! I'll have to check it out!

    Looking forward to the book discussion next month!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over from the Literary Junkies Link Party and I just have to say that you have made me want to add Still Missing to my "To Read" list. I'm going to have to get it to read after I'm done with my current reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's definitely one you can't put down until you're finished! It's not what I typically read...but very glad I did. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from the linky party - I loved Unbroken too. Actually anything Laura Hillenbrand has written - Sea Biscuit, even her essays - is great. She picks amazing stories but is also just a compelling writier! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from the Linky Party!! Still Missing sounds amazing! I've never heard of it before, but I'm definitely putting it on my to read list!!

    I'm your newest follower! Stop by Beyond the Gradebook sometime soon!

    http://beyondthegradebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read your first two favorites and am going to look for the third. Unbroken is on my list of favorites. Loved it! Still Missing looks interesting too. Will check it out! - late stopping by from the link-up, but am checking out all these great book suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen