Yesterday was the first day of week 5 thanks to Frankenstorm Sandy. They tested the "new" protocal for the first time (aka, restraining him while they forced him to eat crumbs off of his chewy tube). As expected, it did not go well (in my opinion). Breakfast wasn't terrible. We were very lucky and had the senior therapist (who we love). She was fast and took him by surprise. He cried, but got over it quickly. Lunch did not go as well. He was restrained longer than he was at Breakfast, which just made him more angry. It was terrible. Honestly, I lost it. At one point, I wanted to just run into the room and grab him and leave.
I know he is stubborn and I know logically, that this is the next step. He has not responded to prior efforts. There is no other real option. It just sucks. It broke my heart.
On the way home, I stopped and bought him a new ball, as that is his favorite toy right now. It seemed to make him a little happier. Hopefully the rest of the week will go better. They said it typically takes up to 2-3 days (3 meals a day) for the child to stop resisting.
On a happier note, here are a few Halloween pictures.
Paxton and his friends and playroom teachers at the feeding clinic.
Mia decided they would go as a Cowboy and Cowgirl.
Cowgirl Mia.
Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!
Sorry you had to experience that. Best wishes to Paxton!
ReplyDeleteCrossing my fingers that the whole 3 days will not be needed!
ReplyDeleteCute kiddos!
Don't forget to link up today about our HORRIBLE book review :)
Sharee'