Friday, November 9, 2012

Forget it Friday...the time I got taken advantage of by a homeless man


Let me start off by saying this has been a really long week.  There are a few things I'd definitely like to forget this week!

1.  The nasty facebook, twitter, and blog comments about the election.  It's over.  It is what it is whether we like it or not.
2.  The gloating over "my Candidate won", etc going on around my building.  The office is not an appropriate place for that regardless of your political affiliation.
3.  I HATE being taken advantage of and that's exactly what happened to my coworker, Lauren and I this week.  We went to 7-11 for an afternoon snack (aka, a dark chocolate milky way) and there was a homeless guy outside.  Of course, we offer to buy him lunch.  He then proceeds to follow us into store and buy a ton of stuff (big giant cup of soup -literally the size of a soccer ball), the largest hot cocoa I've ever seen, a liter of soda --note, that is after he handed me a small one first then took it back and exchanged it for the 1 liter, a king size pack of Reece's Pieces,  and a medium size bag of chips.  Please don't send me hate comments about this.  I help the homeless ALL the time.  I always buy them food, water, etc and I'm happy to do it; however, I do not like it when you take advantage of my kindness.  I felt like he did his grocery shopping at our expense and I was not prepared for that.  Also note...while he was handing us stuff to buy him, another customer handed him a bag with pizza and a drink so he had food for lunch (we didn't know that at the time).

Things I don't want to forget:
1.  I appreciate that I have the right to vote in this country and I don't want to forget how awesome that is.
 




2 comments:

  1. I agree on the political stuff. I am done with it. I do not agreee in the results especially since Romney won the popular vote by over 2 million. I think that my personal vote isn't counting - I too was like you saying it is important that we vote - but really is our vote counting?? Sorry about my rant...
    I hope the CRAP stops and I do HOPE that good comes out of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, the Facebook was awful, wasn't it?! I nearly defriended 1/2 of my friend list. I must admit that I did post about the elections, myself (http://wp.me/pOMdH-jq) in my blog, but if you live in or around DC, you'll find the humor in it. It's pretty freakin' hilarious. Kudos to you with the homeless man! You have an enormous heart, Karen. I may not "believe" in much, but I do believe in karma. Your kindness will find it's way back to you, two fold, I hope.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen