Monday, November 5, 2012

Guest post by the hubby - Karen's World

Before we got married I knew what I was getting into, so I thought. The joke we had was that she lived in Karen’s World. Everything was sunshine and rainbows, things she wanted to happen, in Karen’s mind has already happened… After 10+ yrs of knowing her and 6+ yrs of marriage, things haven’t changed.
She finds all these great craft ideas on line and reads about them. In “Karen World” they are easy and will only take a few mins to do.. In the real world we have desk full of craft ideas that have not been completed. The ones that have been completed, have failed (I’m sure you read about them) or I have had to complete.. Don’t believe me, just ask her about the $150 dress that I had to make Mia… ($10 for shirt, $140 for the sewing machine she doesn’t know how to use). We could have bought the dress at Wal-Mart for $18… In “Karen World” she knew how to sew…
 
I’m sure you all heard about the house we are trying to buy… Note the word TRYING.. In “Karen World” she has already packed and moved in. No kidding, I think she drives there on her way from work, because she already believes we live there.. Reality: We still need the bank to approve the short sale, which is a low ball offer and even if it is accepted we would be lucky to be in it by February 2013. Not to mention we still need to sell our house
 
Karen has a shopping addiction (that hasn’t changed in 10 yrs either), in “Karen World” we have money to spare and our kids need more clothes, toys, etc.. In the real world, we are broke and live paycheck to paycheck, this is why we both work.
Before we end I want to add this:  I love her as much as did (more if possible) then the day we got married. She is great mother, loving wife and one of the most giving people I have ever met.   We haven’t had it easy since we got married, but we certainly could have had it worse.   Although I make fun of her for this Blog, I know it gives her place to speak her mind and helps keep her sanity.
Now that I did this, maybe I can get some time in the garage
 
 
***  I just wanted to respond....The bank HAS approved our offer, we are just waiting for the Investors to approve.  :)




3 comments:

  1. Oh I love it when husbands post for their wives. I think it is one of the sweetest things in blogging. And I think it sounds great to live in Karen's world! So happy and optimistic. Count me in! Just found your blog and I have enjoyed getting to know you better. Hope you don't mind that I follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I knew I adored you but after this I LOVE ya. Karen's World!! Love it. But I also know you have the biggest heart - go to the ends of time for your family and you are one heck of a blogger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "guest" post! Great idea! Just wanted to mention that my neighbor recently asked me if I would be interested in offering sewing classes. Maybe the 3 of us, or more, could get together once a month for sewing lessons. It could be fun;) Also, so excited about the bank approval! Hope everything else falls perfectly into place for you!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen