
I've seen these ribbon wreaths everywhere and I Love them! I knew that I had to make one for Christmas.
Materials:
18 inch wire wreath
lots of ribbon (cut in approximately 6 inch strips)
A cute bow
Once you have your materials together, you start tying knots.
I thought this was going to be a quick, easy, inexpensive wreath. I was wrong. While it was easy, it has taken me 3 weeks and I'm still not finished (granted, I work full time and have 2 kids under 5 so my time is limited). I've spent about 2-3 hours on it so far.
I've also learned that DIY doesn't always mean its going to be less expensive. This may end up being the most expensive wreath I own. Sad, but true. I used MUCH more ribbon than I thought I would need. I've probably ended up buying 16 spools so far.
I'm more than half way done and I have to say...I think I love it. Next time, I'll just buy from ETSY though :)
It seems like that's always the case for me- homemade = pricey! It's cute though.
ReplyDeleteOk girlie! I love it!! But I have to agree I feel that a HIGH majority of my DIY projects cost me an arm and leg - but it is the experience right??/ (or that is what I keep telling myself).
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the finished product!!
Sharee'
I felt the same way about these wreaths! I think I ended up using 19-20 rolls of ribbon and it totally adds up! I try to wait until Michael's and Hobby Lobby have their ribbon for 50% off. That seems to help with the cost a bit- but still.. Totally ends up being a $50 wreath! HA! I love it though ;)
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, Thanks for the heads up!! I just made an ornament wreath, that wasn't too expensive. I've seen the wreaths made using rags/material... I'm wondering if those would turn out as great as your is, for less money too probably?
ReplyDeleteKeep going, it's looking awesome!