Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Literary Junkies

Pink Heels Pink Truck
 
It is no secret that I love to read.  Right now, I'm still reading Night Circus.  I can't believe it has taken me over a month.  According to my kindle app, I'm about 80% finished.  With Christmas and everything going on with our move, I haven't had time to read.  So, here are this months questions and answers.
 
Here are the questions for you:
 
1. Which book could you read over and over? Why?
Wow, there are a few I could read over and over.  I've read the Hunger Games series 3x so far.  I wouldn't say they are my favorite books, just really action packed and quick reads.  I find that I reread books right before I watch the movie. 

2. If you could be any character from any book you've read, who would you be?
This is a hard question.  I would typically pick a book by Nicholas Sparks, but those are all a little sad.  I'd have to pick a character from a book by Mary Higgins Clark or Nora Roberts.  They tend to have strong female characters and a little bit of a love story mixed in.  Sorry, I can't think of any specifics.  I haven't read their books in a while. 

3. Do you ever put a book down because you just can't get into it? Or do you stick it out to the bitter end? Any examples?
Very Rarely will I ever give up reading a book.  I did it last year for the first time with "What the Nanny Saw".  I just could not get into it. 

4. Show us your book shelves! Do you have one designated spot in your house for all your books? Do you scatter them around?
 
I usually give away or loan out most of my books so my books are located on my phone.  Here is a sneak peak of some of the books on my phone.  The only one I haven't read yet is Gabriel's Inferno.  What's on your book shelf?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I love Nora Roberts! Have you read The Bride Quartet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you read a lot! I LOVED The Hunger Games series, but I don't think I could read it again. Okay, maybe I could, but I'd have to wait until I forgot what happened - like years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a book app on my phone that helps me keep track of what I own, what I've read and what I haven't read. So helpful! ha! :) Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Hunger Games Series. Most of the people I know didn't like book 2 and especially not book 3. I didn't particularly like 3 until I re-read the series again. It's still not my favorite, but I think it makes the series more "real" because how could she still be such a strong heroine with all that has happened to her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Hunger Game Series. I picked this up during our move to Fort Bliss so I listened to them on audio. I enjoyed all three but don't think I can re-read them. I will just wait for the next two movies in the series to come out in theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do love hunger games...but 3 times!! haha that is quite a lot! but you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not much of a re-reader, but I would like to read the Hunger Games trilogy again. I'll probably do that before the next movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. rereading the book before the movies is a good idea!

    http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/literary-junkies-3/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely need to re-read Hunger Games!! There were so many things in the first movie that I had totally forgotten about. The movies are just so condensed and aren't as detailed as the books, so a refresher would definitely be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm like one of the only people that didn't like the Huger Games. I may just have to reread them. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from the link-up! :) You can never go wrong with Nicholas Sparks!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen