Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New at Blogging...

So, I've seen a lot of people link up with Neely at A Complete Waste of MakeUp to introduce themselves and their blogs.  Since I'm pretty new at this, I thought I'd join in. 



I'm Karen...  I'm not a great writer.  I write the same way I talk.  This blog is mainly about my adventures in being a mom.  Occassionally I may write about losing my son.  I may sometimes write about my DIY failures, reality TV, celeb gossip or whatever.  This is really just an outlet for me, a way to document our lives, and hopefully make new friends in the process.


This is our family.  Seriously this was the best picture we took during our whole photoshoot.  Notice, my daughter clinging to me and though you can't tell, my son was trying to escape.  Ha!  Story of my life. 

As for me...I work in HR.  I teach Sunday School (3 year olds).  In my spare time, I volunteer with Make a Wish and March of Dimes because I believe in the mission and I just absolutely love children (though I do not want anymore).  I am addicted to shopping.  More so online now that taking my kids to the mall is more like running a marathon (chasing them).  I love a good deal.  I love reality TV, specifically the bachelor (though I really dislike Ben), survivor, Jerseylicious, the Voice, So you think you can dance, and millionaire matchmaker.  Oh...and any of those wedding shows like Four Weddings or My Fair Wedding. 

I dislike frogs, birds, and anything touching my nose (I'm a little claustrophobic).  I hate camping.  I don't want to be anywhere where there is not running water and my own bathroom.  I don't see the fun in sleeping on the ground when I can be in a nice warm bed. 

So, that's about it.  I am looking forward to reading some of the linkups!

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I hate frogs, too. And, anything touching my neck makes me feel super claustrophobic.
    Pleased to meet you, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is adorable and I live your blog!
    New follower from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! If you have a blog, send me the link :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I used to love Ben, I even wrote a whole post about him(http://makinmemories11.blogspot.com/2012/01/guess-what-tonight-is.html) and now I actually can't stand him!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen