Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fathers Day craft...gone wrong.

I thought it might be fun this year to let the kids make "personalized" gifts for Chris and for their Grandpa's for Father's Day.  My idea was to make heart shaped molds and then use their thumbs to make hearts, paint them, and stick a magnet on the back.  Sounds easy, right?  That's what I thought too.


First, I bought this model magic stuff.  I like it.  It was easy to use and didn't flake a lot.  No complaints there. 

I then used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut hearts.  That was easy enough.  I was able to make 12.  Next, I tried to get the kids to make hearts using their thumbs.  I guess I should not expect much when working with a 3 year old and almost 2 year old.

  This is what I ended up with.  Ok....it wasn't terrible, but not what I had in mind.  I decided to roll with it since the kids were having so much fun.  Next, we painted them. 


We used nail polish...mainly because that is what I had available in red and pink :).  The kids had a great time.  They both love art projects, especially painting!  So, although my kid's craft idea did not come out how I had planned....in another way...maybe it was better?  This was something they made completely on their own and loved every second of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen