Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Negative Nancies....venting

If you know me IRL, you know that I despite my self deprecating humor, I am a really optimistic person.  I love my life.  I love my family and I look for the good in everyone and everything.  My husband would say I am too optimistic as I usually get my hopes up only to be upset by things not happening the way I had envisioned.  He also says I live in "Karen World" where life is sunshine and rainbows.  I don't think it is entirely true, but I do have a great outlook on life--despite the misfortune that seems to come our way far too often. 

That being said, 2 things that really irritates me (and this happens a lot with my in-laws) are negativity and telling me how to parent my children.  I'll start with negativity...Instead of looking at the possibilities of something and how great it can be -- or how awesome Christmas carols are year round (just my opinion) or how amazing this house could be that we are looking at- or how new shoes or a pedicure do make you feel better sometimes and therefore it is not a waste of money-  some people insist on pointing out what is wrong with everything.  I'd be more specific with a few of those examples, but my husband sometimes reads my blog (though he refuses to be a follower).  men.  :) --just kidding Chris. 

Anyway, point being, I wish if people didn't have something nice to say, they would just not say anything.  Stop raining on everyone else's parade.  If I want to pick out paint samples for my future home that I of course know we don't have yet....so be it.  If I want to listen to Christmas Carols in June...who cares.  Who is it hurting anyway?  If I want to pin crap on pinterest that I want for my dream home...is it really hurting anyone?  If I want to spend my extra money on a pedicure or some cute shoes or whatever...what business is it of anyones--other than mine and maybe my husbands (though we have seperate accounts).  ugh...Do you ever feel like screaming..."mind your own business" or better yet..."I don't want your opinion". 

Further...I wish people would refrain from telling me how to feed my kid (Paxton).  Unless you have had a child with severe feeding issues, you have NO idea what you are talking about.  Just because you forced your kids to sit at the table until they ate their dinner does not mean it will work for my child.  He doesn't eat table food and he won't.  No amount of time at the table will change that.  If he doesn't eat...It is a big deal...to me.  I have a difficult enough time feeding him.  It already takes up to an hour for each meal.  I don't need the stress of him missing meals on top of everything else. 

I think I am done.  I'm sure I lost most of you after the first paragraph and sorry for venting.  I hope you are all having a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Awe, girl, let it out!! That's what your blog land space if for! I am sorry that there are people trying to meddle in your business. I couldn't agree with you more! And you keep getting those pedicures and pinning whatever the heck you want!!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen