Monday, October 1, 2012

Book Review- What Alice Forgot




I'm linking up again with Lindsay and Sharee for the blog friends book club.  The book this month was What Alice Forgot.  I really loved this book.  Such a good choice and one I probably would not have chosen on my own.  So, here we go with the questions....

Did you like the younger Alice best? Or did you relate more to the older Alice?
I definitely liked younger Alice more, but I sort of relate to older Alice.  The "busy" Alice sounds a lot like me at times.  Between work, commuting to and from work, soccer, Paxton's therapy, etc., life can get hectic. 

What would your younger self of ten years ago think of the person you are today?
I think I'd be happy with who I have become.  10 years ago, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.  I was single, out clubbing, no direction, and had just started a semi-decent job.  I wanted to be married and have kids, but just had no idea when or how that would ever happen. 

 What would surprise your younger self most about the life you're currently leading? What would disappoint you?

Not really.  I knew that once I got married, I would settle down and have a family.  I knew that I wanted to be active in a church and volunteer.  Those were all on my "to do" list.  I think I'd be really happy to know that I ended up with Chris.  I had always had a thing for him since we met in 2000. 


Do you think it was realistic that Alice ended up back with Nick? Were you happy with that ending? Do you think they would have ended up together if she hadn't lost her memory?
I think it was definitely realistic that they got back together.  I was very happy with the ending.  I'm not sure if that would  have happened if it weren't for her accident though.  The accident made her take a step back and look at her life and remember what she once had. 

If you were to write a letter to your future self to be opened in ten years, what would you say?

I'd have to say-
-Don't worry about the little things...
-Try to have patience.  Life is short.  Enjoy the little things
-Enjoy every minute with your kids.  They grow up so fast.



2 comments:

  1. What a great review! Thanks for reading with us and linking up!!

    I liked your response to the questions if your self 10 years ago would think of you!!!

    Sharee'

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how much changes in 10 years. I would have never picked this book up if it hadn't been for wanting to offer different things in a book club. Thank you for continuing to read with us!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen