Saturday, October 27, 2012

Liebster Award


Sara over at Gone Yonkers and Jess over at Mommy Mishaps nominated me for the Liebster Award.  After I looked up what a Liebster award was, I learned it's a great way to discover new blogs and advertise for blogs who have less than 200 followers. 

 
Here are the rules: 
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs!

11 Random Facts about me:

  1. I eat a chocolate covered donut and drink a fountain coke every morning for breakfast.
  2. I hate wrapping gifts.  I like the idea of making them look pretty, but when it comes to doing it...I hate it.
  3. I love Christmas.  I listen to Christmas music year round and I would LOVE to keep our tree up year round.
  4. Black Friday is my 2nd favorite day of the year. 
  5. I love playing dress up with my kids.
  6. I teach Sunday School to 2-3 year olds.  This year, we have triplet 2 year old boys in our class. 
  7. I love shopping and finding a great deal!
  8. I love to read and I usually average at least 3 books a month.
  9. While I am so not crafty, I am determinted to make a ribbon wreath for Christmas, similar to AP's Halloween wreath
  10. My favorite color is yellow
  11. I hide ice cream and dark chocolate milky ways in the fridge and freezer :)
Sara's questions for me:


  1. What's the best gift you've ever recieved?  My best gift was probably my "mothers" ring with my kid's birthstones. 
  2. Who do you call first with important news? Why them?  I would first call Chris, my husband.  He is my best friend. 
  3. Why did you start blogging?  I don't really scrap book so for me, it is a way to document what our family is up to and make new friends in the process.
  4. Do you share your blog with ALL of your real-life friends and co-workers? Why or why not?  Actually, I don't yet.  I have shared it with a couple of RL friends (my husband, a couple of friends from church, and 2 girls at work).  I'm not brave enough to share with everyone else yet.  While I have nothing to hide, I sometimes use it as an outlet to vent and I'm just not ready to tell everyone yet. 
  5. What is your favorite holiday? Why?  Christmas for sure!  I love it.  I love finding the perfect gifts for everyone  and watching my kids excitement Christmas morning.
  6. Do you have a family tradition you grew up with that you plan to continue?  We go visit my family Christmas eve, then to Church that evening. 
  7. What do you do after a bad day to make it better?  A glass of wine and/or chocolate never hurt :).  Hugs from my kids are pretty great too!
  8. What was the last book that you read? Was it good or bad?  Right now, I'm reading Still Missing and it is so good!!
  9. What movie character would you like to be?  Hmm...I have no idea.  I rarely watch movies.  I'd say a movie filmed in Italy with a hot costar (preferably Ryan Gossling). 
  10. What holiday candy is your favorite?  Anything chocolate
  11. What do you think will be different about your life this time next year?  This time next year, we will most likely be living in our new house and hopefully, Paxton will be eating solid foods.  In other words, hopefully it will be a better year.

Jess's questions for me:
Here are my questions for my nominees:

1.  What is the most stupid thing you’ve ever done? What was the outcome?  I do a lot of stupid things.  I don't know how I could choose just one. 

2.  Describe the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen.  My children!

3.  10 years ago, where did you think you’d be today?  I guess I really assumed I'd be married with kids. 

4.   Where do you aspire to be 10 years from now?  I just  hope to be a mom to my beautiful healthy kids, married to my best friend and living a happy life.
 
5.   Do you hold on to anything that you need to let go of? If so, is it something you can share?   I tend to forgive but not forget things that hurt me, especially if it is done by someone I love. 

6. What is your “life’s legacy?” What do you want to be known for?  I want to be known as a good mother to loved my children and did my best to always help and be there for others. 

7. Is there anything that you pretend to understand that you totally don’t?   Ha!  Lots!  Politics, technology, math....the list goes on.

8. What is your “worst habit?”  Cracking my knuckles

9. What do you think is your most attractive attribute?  I have no idea.  Certainly not my pointy ears or forehead (aka seven-head).  Maybe my blueish/green eyes?  I really don't know. 

10. What made you start blogging?  To document what we are doing and what we are going through as a family

11. Describe a relationship that means the most to you.   God.  That is the most important relationship you can have. 


Questions for my Nominees:
1.  What is your favorite book and why?
2.  What is your favorite show?
3.  What have you learned from other bloggers that you want to share?
4.  Have you started Christmas shopping?
5.  Are you dressing up for Halloween?  As what?
6.  What is your favorite song? 
7.  Why did you start blogging?
8.  What was your best memory as a child?
9.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
10.  What is your favorite color? 
11.  What makes you happy?


My nominees:

1.  Samantha at  3 oh 1 Grace St
2.  Kristen at A day in the life of me
3.  Ricci at A Beautiful Mess
4.  Sarah at A Dash of Sarah
5.  Rachel at A Dash of Southern
6.  Gay at A girl named Gay
7.  Kristy at a Happy Heart
8.  Chymecindy at akachymecindy
9.  Kristina at  Bella Mia
10.  Allyssa at Breakfast at Zempkes
11.  Kayla at Keeping up wtih Kayla








1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the award! I LOVE your choice if breakfast each morning, that made my day:)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen