Monday, October 8, 2012

Fixing Baby Doll Hair--what really works...


I'm linking up again with AP for Project Pinterest.  As the mother of a little girl, I knew that I had to try this project to see if it works.  According to some links on pinterest, washing the dolls hair in really hot water will help straighten it.  Another link said to use a little fabric softener.  I tried both and you can be the judge.
Meet Princess Ariel


Her hair doesn't look too bad from the front, but the back is another story....


First I brushed her hair.  This only made it look worse (in my opinion)


Next, I washed her hair in really hot water and brushed it again.  This did help a lot.  I think it still looked a little frizzy though.



Finally, I decided to try a little fabric softener.   Overall, I think the hot water did the trick, but the fabric softener definitely helped with the frizziness.   


So, what do you think?  Better?




6 comments:

  1. MUCH BETTER! I need to do this with about 50 dolls and barbies at my house. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man.. if only I had known about this in the early 90's maybe I wouldn't have gone and cut all of the hair off of every single Barbie that I owned. My mother is still upset to this very day... ;) Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I have saw this FOR EVER but I was like yeah right!! You have made me a believer! NEED TO TRY IT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! Our Barbies and Dolls need some serious TLC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! This is hilarious! I've just got one little boy right now so no need for this, but good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found this post on pinterest. I was looking as I have 2 of the "princess" dolls & just pulled them out for my kids to play with. Of course the hair is a hot mess, so now I will be fixing it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen