Monday, October 15, 2012

Polka Dot Pumpkin

I pinned this idea on pinterest last year, but of course, never got around to trying it.  It looks easy enough though, right? 
 

So, I started with my pumpkin.  I put in in our yard so that I could occupy our kids at the same time. 


Next, I covered I placed round stickers all over it to make the polka dots.


So far so good!  I then spray painted the pumpkin black. 



And....the final reveal.....


 
So overall...from a distance, it doesn't look bad.  Upon closer inspection, you'll see my mistakes.  The stickers were not on well enough and it really could have used another coating of paint.  Oh well...lesson learned.  For someone who usually messes up every craft beyond recognition, I'm going to call this one a success.
 
 


 

3 comments:

  1. Looks great!
    I bought a can of pink spray paint for a project and I can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!! I LOVE IT!! It looks SO cute.. I think I'm going to try this with one of our pumpkins for sure!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! Yours came out so sweet! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen