-forgetting Mia's shoes at Chris's softball game
-putting Paxton (my kid with extreme sensory issues) in flip flops and taking him to the softball game where there is a ton of dirt touching his feet (he was not happy)
-getting Mia 2 happy meals and letting her only eat tortilla chips for lunch Saturday...
and the list goes on.....
However, on my way to work this morning, I heard a song I hadn't heard in a while and I decided to change my mind about today's blog. The song was:
Francesca Battistelli's "This is the Stuff". The first verse is:
I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please
'Cause I can't find my phone
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust you know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use
And call me please
'Cause I can't find my phone
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust you know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use
This just serves as a reminder to me...that despite my many failures and setbacks, I am so lucky. I have a great husband and 2 beautiful healthy children who love me regardless of whether or not they are shoeless for the day. I also have to remember in those days when I think "why me....why does my child have to have all of these issues"....that God knows what he's doing. It might not be the way I want it to be, but it is this way for a reason and I just need to do my best.
So, this is a slightly different blog than I had originally planned, but I guess that is what happens when you get a new perspective on things.
I hope everyone had a great weekend!


Oh those mommy fails I had one today but that little thing can change it!
ReplyDelete